Many of our products are covered by Manufacturers "Free" Extendended Guarantees. These will be covered throughout the UK by the manufacturers network of repair agents. In the event of a problem in the first instance please contact the Manufacturer direct. You can always contact us as well here
Vaughans from time to time will offer its own "Free" warranty. This is available in our Gold delivery area only . See here for full details.Outside this area we will honour this warranty but any transport costs to and from us will need to be arranged by yourselve and at your own cost and risk.
Retra Warranty Services
Up to five years peace of mind
Protection against service charges
Unlimited number of repairs
Generous allowances if products cannot be repaired
Easy claims procedure
Would you buy an electrical product a guarantee?
Manufacturers express confidence in their products with their guarantee.
In simple terms, they are saying :“if the product breaks down, and the cause is our fault, we will repair it at no cost to you.”
This is usually for the first 12 months?
But what about the second year?
Or the third, fourth, fifth or even longer?
Retra Warranty Services have the answer which doesn’t require you to keep your fingers crossed or own a lucky charm!
Who are Retra Warranty Services (RWS)?
‘Retra Warranty Services’ and ‘Retra Service Plan’ are the trading titles of :Retra Insurance Services Ltd 4 Victoria Road Ferndown Dorset BH22 9HZ
Retra Service Plan provides that Long Term Safeguard, and with it true Peace of mind
Retra SERVICE PLAN is an economic means of protecting against expensive repair bills, long into the future, with a single payment, in most cases equivalent to pennies per week.
Financial reserves are essential for such long term commitments. Retra Warranty Services capital and the premiums paid by Service Plan Holders, have been managed by Retra (Insurance Services Ltd) since 1991, maintaining adequate funds to ensure that liabilities will be met at least five years hence.
Your Questions Answered
What does Retra service plan actually cover?
Repairs or replacement costs following mechanical or electrical breakdown due to faulty manufacture.
Are all costs paid for ?
Yes, Call out, labour, transportation and replacement parts (unless parts are covered by the manufacturer in which case the manufacturer does the service with no bills for the customer) and VAT.
Who carries out the repairs?
Usually your supplying dealer, but if he is not equipped or trained on your particular appliance, Retra Warranty Services will appoint an expert alternative.
What if the Product cannot be repaired?
When this is the case and the product is beyond economic repair, there is a generous replacement benefit.
Are their exclusions?
Yes. But kept to a sensible minimum, eg. Cover does not include cleaning, tuning, batteries, misuse, accidental damage and the like.
Your household insurance may include cover against accidental damage, fire, theft, flood, frozen food. We do not cover these risks so avoiding duplication of cover and ensuring best value from our service plan. The terms are fully stated below.
Radio Electrical & Television Retailers Association
Established in 1942, has with its subsidiaries over the past 20 years, provided long term solutions for their customers in caring for electronic and gas appliances.
Service the customers of its 1450 member companies with over 3500 outlets.
All Retra dealers sign up to the Retra Code of Practice, ensuring high standard of service.
More Customer Information
Your Statutory Rights
Whether or not you purchase an extended warranty, consumers have various statutory rights that apply to the purchase of your electrical goods. These include the rights to claim for a repair or replacement for up to six years (five in Scotland) and if your electrical goods when sold were not of satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose. Within the first six months the burden of proof is on the retailer to establish that the goods you purchased were of satisfactory quality and fit for their purpose. However, after the first six months, you will have to prove that the goods had a fault when sold to you.
Further information on our rights can be obtained from your local Trading Standards Department.
All customers are provided with a certificate listing all terms a, conditions and exclusions. You then have 45 days to study, and obtain a full refund if you are dissatisfied. After 45 days either party may cancel the policy and y9u will receive a proportional refund based on the unexpired portion of cover remaining, regardless of whether a claim has been made.
Where we compensate you for the total loss of the product cover will end, but no refund will be given.
Competitors might offer cover of this nature at a different price. However, when comparisons are made, care should be taken to ensure that their terms match up to ours. For example :
Do they restrict you to a single repairer?
Do they have adequate financial reserves?
We are confident that we offer a competitive price for the cover, security and speed of service we provide.
Private Domestic Use
This service is limited to Products described in the Retra Service Plan Certificate, used at the designated address within the United Kingdom, The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, byo you and your immediate family. Portable products may be used away from the home address.
Transfer of Interest
You cannot transfer this Retra Service Plan to anyone else without written permission from us.
Either party may cancel this Retra Service Plan by giving written notice to the other party. If you give such notice to us within 45 days of purchase of the Retra Service Plan, and providing no claims have been paid, you will receive a full refund of the Service Plan price. After 45 days you will receive a pro-rata refund commensurate with the unexpired period of cover.
This Plan will terminate immediately with no refund of premium in the event :-
a) That after a claim, we replace your product or issue a final settlement.
b) Of a fraud or attempted fraud.
c) The Product is used other than for Private or Domestic use.
Renewal is at the discretion of RWS and is offered on most products as appropriate.
Notice of Claims
All claims must be notified as son as reasonable but not after cover expires.
Reporting Guarantee/Warranty faults or breakdowns
You must report all faults / breakdowns, occurring during the Manufacturer’s (or Supplier’s) Guarantee or Warranty to the Manufacturer (or Supplier) as quickly as possible.
It is our objective at all times to provide a first class service but there may be times when you feel that this has not been achieved. If you have cause for complaint you should in the first instance contact the Managing Director of Retra Warranty Services. If you are still in dispute or a difference arises out of or in connection with this plan, it may be determined by the Retra conciliation panel whose members include a Trading Standards Officer and a Consumer Representative, working under an Independent Chairperson.
Unless specifically agreed to the contrary, this Service Plan shall be subject to English law. None of the above affects your statutory rights provided by the Sale of Goods Act.
All enquiries regarding this Service Plan Certificate or any queries relating to the conditions and exceptions of cover must be made in the first instance to :
a) The dealer who supplied the equipment
b) Retra Warranty Services, 4 Victoria Road, Ferndown, Dorset, BH22 9HZ
Tel : 01202 870225
Registered Company Np L 2621451 (England)
Retra Service Plan does not cover :-
- The manufacturer’s or supplier’s responsibilities.
- Breakdowns occurring during the Manufacturer’s (or supplier’s) Guarantee or warranty. You must report al lsuch faults / breakdowns to the manufacturer in good time.
- Replacement, or the cost of parts, when the Manufacturer (or supplier) provides a long term part guarantee.
We will liaise with the manufacturer (or supplier) to pay for or replace the product or parts.
- Modification or breakdown failing to be dealt with by the manufacturer recalling the Product.
- Breakdown(s) due to :
- Faulty installation or failure to comply with the manufacturer’s instructions. It is most important that any regular maintenance recommended by the Manufacturer is carried out particularly :
- (i) where gas appliances are concerned,
- (ii) Defrost of refrigeration products including FROST FREE (such equipment does occasionally ice-up).
- (iii) Service wash in washing machines.
- Any wilful act, abuse or neglect.
- Rust or Corrosion.
The cost of :-
- General maintenance, adjustments, resetting of controls, tuning, cleaning such as recording heads, soap dispensers, gas burners and the like.
- Accessories and consumable items which are recognised as having a limited lifespan. This includes but is not limited to :- batteries, styli, light bulbs, lamps of any description including those in projection products, fluorescent bulbs and related started, disposable bags, filters, brush bars, belts, leads, rewinds, plugs, terminal connections and computer software, gas burners and caps.
- Repairs to computer peripherals which are not listed on the schedule.
- Accessories and other items not affecting the normal usage of your product.
- Callout charges where no fault is found with your product or a fault not covered by this Service Plan.
- Replacing your Product because replacement parts are no longer available. In which case your Product will not be deemed beyond economical repair but we will pa you (or your repairer) the last published price for the part(s) plus the normal labour charge for fitting.
- Compensation for loss of use or any consequential loss whatsoever.
- Accidental damage from any cause. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes theft, fire, lighting, flood, ingress of moisture or other risk which would be covered by normal household insurance.
- Product failure ensuing from :- (a) Faulty software or programming or reprogramming or electronic virus. (b) Changes in transmission or signal from programme providers such as the planned change from analogue to digital broadcasting. (c) Any problem with the supply of electricity, gas or water.
The cost of :
- a. Rectifying or cleaning any blockages and damage caused by any foreign body.
- b. Gaining access to or replacing the product or its wiring or other fittings from any housing or fittings.
- c. Realignment of aerials and satellite dishes or removal of debris from or weather damage to satellite dishes.
- d. Disposal of your Product or any failed component part following repair ore replacement, unless we notify you that we wish to take possession of the Product.
Repair to Plasma or LCD Televisions due to :-
- a. Unusual physical or electrical stress, burned screen or imprint of an image or logo style or outline or software interface problems.
- b. Pixel failure where the number or location is not in excess of the manufacturers limit.